Lemon & Ricotta Tortellini with Lime Butter
Food & Drink
miércoles, 28 de febrero de 2018
Perfectly formed parcels of pasta, delicately stuffed with creamy ricotta and enlivened with a jolt of citrus. Exclusively from Villa Kennedy’s award-winning Gusto restaurant, this tempting tortellini recipe is simple to prepare but guaranteed to delight dinner guests. Serve with an ice-cold bottle of white and lashings of Parmesan.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings)
For the tortellini
- 150g flour
- 150g Durum wheat semolina flour
- 10 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt
For the filling and sauce
- 300g buffalo ricotta cheese
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 lemons
- 3 limes
- 1 egg yolk
- 200g butter
1) Begin by making the pasta dough. Whisk both flours and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs and olive oil.
2) Carefully whisk all the ingredients and gradually combine until a smooth, compact mixture appears. Wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest for 30 minutes.
3) For the filling, mix the ricotta cheese with grated lemon and lime zest, then add Parmesan and the egg yolk. Season it with salt and pepper and put it in a cool place.
4) Roll the dough either by hand or through a pasta roller to 2-3mm thick sheets. Using a circular 3 inch cutter, cut out pasta rounds.
5) Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling into the centre of each pasta round. Moisten the edges with water and fold over tightly into a half-moon shape, taking care to remove any air pockets.
6) Draw the corners together, pinch and seal. Toss the completed tortellini in a little flour so it doesn’t stick.
7) Cook the tortellini in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Heat butter in a pan with a squeeze of fresh lime and grated lime zest. Lightly toss the tortellini in the butter, then serve hot. You can garnish it with a grating of Parmesan and fresh basil.