10 Things You Never Knew About London Fashion Week
vendredi 15 septembre 2017
Featuring catwalk shows from the finest designers, glittering parties and exciting new trends, London Fashion Week is the ultimate fashion event in the capital. To give you the insider lowdown, here are 10 interesting facts you might not know about London Fashion Week.
1) London Fashion Week doesn’t just set style trends; it sets digital ones, too. Usually, fashion fans have to wait six months before clothes arrive in stores, but at LFW in 2016 British heritage house Burberry pioneered the runway-to-retail concept. This means you can shop the runway looks online as soon as the show has finished.
2) Fashion editors need their essential caffeine fix to get them through eight shows a day. Over 20,000 espressos will be prepared and served on site during LFW.
3) For some of the world’s biggest designers, LFW is the hottest place to show right now. International brands are eschewing their native cities to present their new collections in the British capital instead. This coming LFW, Emporio Armani is showing in London rather than Milan, and Versace Versus moved their shows here in 2016.
4) 3,571 units of label.m hair products are used backstage each season to whip hair in to catwalk-worthy shape.
5) LFW isn’t just for industry insiders; you can attend catwalk shows and get the full VIP treatment, sitting front row like the A list with London Fashion Week Festival’s ticket packages. Click here to receive an exclusive 10% discount on their Bronze, Silver, Gold or Luxe packages.
6) Weird and wonderful trends are set at LF, from gem-encrusted Croc sandals to belts for bustiers.
7) This season, LFW’s Mercedes Benz fleet will chauffeur models, stylists and journalists over 32,000 miles over the course of the event.
8) LFW is vital for breaking new design talent as well as being a platform for established designers. Today’s most revered fashion names like Christopher Kane and JW Anderson all debuted at LFW’s off-schedule showcase for young designers.
9) The fashion pack need refreshing – 5,000 servings of Prosecco are consumed at LFW’s site at The Store Studios on The Strand.
10) During LFW, retail orders of an incredible £100 million are placed. It truly is the most important event on the British fashion calendar.
To celebrate this most stylish of occasions, Brown’s Hotel has launched a Bespoke Dressing package. You can look runway-ready courtesy of celebrity Stylists-in-Residence, Laura Fantacci and Petronella Stofberg, who will arrange an expertly curated selection of garments for you to try and purchase from the comfort of your room before you head off to a catwalk show. We’re also offering an exclusive 10% discount off London Fashion Week Festival’s chic VIP show tickets and packages.
Eeva Rinne & British Fashion Council / Dan Sims & British Fashion Council / Eeva Rinne & British Fashion Council