AT HOTEL ASTORIA
Hotel Astoria 39 Bolshaya Morskaya, St Petersburg , 190000
Built between 1911 and 1912, the Hotel Astoria was designed by renowned St Petersburg architect Fyodor Lidval. Historically the most famous hotel in the city, and a key St Petersburg landmark, our building is now Grade 1 listed.
At the beginning of the last century, the Astoria played host to dancer Isadora Duncan, writer Mikhail Bulgakov and poet Sergei Yesenin. More recently, it featured in the 1995 James Bond film, GoldenEye
In 1941, following the outbreak of the Second World War, a hospital was stationed at the Astoria to treat writers, artists and musicians trapped in the city during the siege.
- The Best Historic Hotel in St Petersburg - GQ Travel Awards Russia
- Russia's Leading Luxury Hotel 2018 - World Travel Awards
- Top Hotels in Northern Europe - 7th - CONDÉ NAST TRAVELLER 2015 READERS CHOICE
- Best Historical Hotel in Russia - Russian Hospitality Awards 2015
- Top 100 Hotels and Resorts in the World - Condé Nast Traveller 2014