Discover an Authentic Taste of Sicily
Food & Drink
venerdì 4 agosto 2017
Verdura Resort brings you an authentic taste of Sicily with delicious home-grown produce from its Società Agricola organic farm. Home to an abundance of olive, orange, lemon and almond trees, the lovingly tended gardens are an agricultural delight. Aromatic herbs like rosemary, sage, and mint grow alongside artichokes, aubergines and tomatoes. Each day, fresh ingredients are carefully hand-picked and served in Verdura Resort’s restaurants and bars. Learn to cook like a true Sicilian with our delicious fish guazzetto recipe below.
We have been working hard to create a range of Società Agricola products to enliven and enhance your dishes this summer. They are also available to order online or buy direct from Aputia Bazaar at Verdura Resort.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Made from a blend of three Sicilian olive varieties, you can taste the warm Mediterranean sunshine in every drop of our Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Hand-picked and cold-pressed to ensure maximum taste, it has lovely notes of orange blossom, artichoke, mint and basil.
Arancello Orange Liqueur
Zesty and sweet, our Arancello Orange Liqueur is bursting with citrusy flavours. Arancello is a centuries-old Sicilian spirit liqueur made from sun-dried orange peel and infused with sugar. Bright and sunny, it’s a superb after-dinner digestif.
Bring your pasta dishes to life with our family of pesto varieties. Siciliano is traditionally made from basil, olive oil and garlic, while Trapanese is complimented with tomato. Made with tuna alongside basil and garlic, Ferdinandea has a lively personality while Pistachio features the green salty nut balanced with cream.
This tasty seafood dish is one of Verdura Resort’s Mediterranean classics. Simple to prepare, it’s the perfect summer all-rounder, serve with a chilled bottle of local Planeta Alastro wine.
This tasty seafood dish is a Mediterranean classic. Simple to prepare, it’s the perfect summer all-rounder, serve with a chilled bottle of local Planeta Alastro wine.
INGREDIENTS (FOR 1 PORTION)
100g seabass fillet
50g halved cherry tomatoes
20g Verdura Società Agricola capers
75g red Sicilian potatoes
2 sprigs of basil
2 sprigs of thyme
1 clove of garlic
Verdura Società Agricola extra virgin olive oil
Verdura Società Agricola Trapanese pesto
1) Peel the potatoes and slice into quarter-inch-thick rounds.
2) Add olive oil to a large saucepan and add the potatoes, herbs and garlic. Cook over a low heat for a few minutes until the potatoes are translucent - do not fry the oil.
3) Cover the ingredients with water and continue to cook until the potatoes are soft enough to fall off a knife when pierced.
4) Add the cherry tomatoes, mussels and clams. Lay the fish and the prawns over the shellfish, season to taste and cover with a lid. Cook for about 4 minutes or until the fillet is cooked through (depending on the thickness of the fillet).
5) Remove the fillet and the prawns from the pan and put aside, covered to keep warm. Add the capers, freshly chopped herbs and a dash of olive oil and stir gently.
6) On a plate lay first the potatoes, then fish set aside and finally pour the sauce over, season with ground pepper and serve with toasted focaccia topped with our Verdura Società Agricola Trapanese pesto.
Order your sumptuous Verdura Società Agricola products from Aputia Bazaar at Verdura Resort by emailing email@example.com