23 May 2018
VERDURA RESORT, SICILY & NEW SUMMER ACTIVITIES 2018
A year-round haven on the beautiful isle of Sicily, this exceptional resort overlooks the sparkling Mediterranean Sea. With two kilometres of private beach, three Kyle Phillips golf courses, a world-class spa offering a range of holistic therapies, an excellent kids club with an array of children’s experiences, villas, four restaurants with gourmet and casual dining options, Verdura Resort is the ideal summer getaway in the Med.
This summer, Verdura Resort raises the bar for guests creating a new calendar of events offering a wide choice of exclusive experiences, including:
- De Rerum Natura Nights – the celebrated ‘six-hand dinners’ return to Verdura thanks to Food Director of Rocco Forte, Fulvio Pierangelini. Between July and October, the resort will welcome two guest chefs to cook together on selected evenings. These series of dinners kick off in July with renowned British Chefs Tom Kitchin and Adam Byatt
- Juventus Training Experience is back at Verdura Resort – football enthusiasts aged 5-16 can learn from the coaches of the strongest team in Italy,includinglegendary player David Trezeguet
- Verdura’s Golf Academy is led by a team of PGA professionals whilst the Junior Academy is coached by Giacomo Dovetta, rated one of the world’s top 50 junior coaches by US Kids Golf
- Adults and children looking to try their hand at the resort’s newFencing Academy withchampions including Giovanna Trillini, four-time Olympic gold medallist
- Join the new Beach Volleyball Academy with Maurizia Cacciatori, former member of the Italian national team and Sky Sports presenter
- Children and teens can dance around in the new Hip Hop Academy
- Boasting six clay tennis courts, Verdura offers individual or group lessons as well as special tennis camps coached by famous professionals
- Throughout the summer guests can also take part in yoga, pilates and trekking
Drift into the evening listening to live performances by the likes of Ray Gelato and other exceptional entertainment. Every Saturday night during the summer, Piazzetta Liola bursts in to life with traditional cooking stations and al fresco folk performances. Foodies can learn to make Sicilian delicacies and unique cocktails with an array of cooking and mixology classes.
For something a little different, try the escape room…
Notes to Editors:
Part of Rocco Forte Hotels, Verdura Resort is the only golf and spa resort among the group’s 11 properties. Located on the South West coast of Sicily, one hour’s drive from Palermo, Verdura Resort is named after the grand Verdura family, who once owned the land, and is near the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento. With 203 rooms and 6 villas, Verdura Resort has been conceived with a particular attention to the environment.
Verdura Resort offers rooms starting from €250 per night in a Deluxe Room on B&B basis, based on two people sharing. For additional information, please visit roccofortehotels.com/hotels-and-resorts/verdura-resort/
For further press information, specific dates and prices of the different sports academies and activities, please contact Beatrice Barbato or Rosanna Campbell-Grey at Ann Scott Associates.