A culinary journey in Puglia with Fulvio Pierangelini
One of the most recognised chefs of the last three decades, Rocco Forte Hotels’ Director of Food, Fulvio Pierangelini, is internationally renowned for his fresh, authentic, Italian cuisine. His philosophy is simple: outstanding food depends on outstanding ingredients. Explore Puglia’s unique pantry together with the maestro as part of a unique stay at Masseria Torre Maizza and enjoy an immersive journey through the region’s fantastic food.
On the evening of your arrival you’ll meet Fulvio himself in the atmospheric olive groves of Masseria Torre Maizza, where you’ll enjoy a local aperitivo as he explains your three-day itinerary. Then start the culinary journey with a three-course seasonal dinner at our authentically Puglian restaurant, Carosello, paired with delicious local wines.
On day two, after one of Masseria Torre Maizza’s sensational breakfasts, join Fulvio as he guides you through the timeless autumnal tradition of olive harvesting in the ancient groves. Beneath the dappled shade of the gnarled boughs he will explain the annual harvest’s techniques and why the ritual is so significant. Then, enjoy a delicious picnic beneath the trees before visiting a local oil mill, where Fulvio will demonstrate the traditional processes of oil extraction, right through to creating the finished product. Afterwards, you’ll have a wonderful time tasting all sorts of local Puglian home-made products and freshly-pressed olive oil.
Day three focuses on cheese and wine, two quintessential pillars of Italian dining. Begin with a hands-on mozzarella and burrata masterclass to learn how to make some of Puglia’s most celebrated cheese alongside Chef Pierangelini and an expert local cheesemaker. For lunch, enjoy an optional pizza tasting at the Pool Bar, where beside the glitteringly cool waters you’ll try a selection of homemade favourites using fresh off the farm ingredients. As night falls, discover the distinct aromas and flavours of Puglian wines with our sommelier at the Bougainvillea Bar; here you’ll learn about the region’s thousand-year-old wine culture and its recent renaissance.
Saving the best until last, on the final day you’ll learn from the Maestro himself, with an unforgettable cooking class with Fulvio. Don’t miss a rare opportunity to discover closely-guarded family recipes passed down through generations, as well as witness first-hand the importance of outstanding ingredients in creating authentic Italian cuisine.
This unique culinary experience includes:
- A 3-night stay at Masseria Torre Maizza
- A daily breakfast at Carosello restaurant
- A welcome aperitivo with local drinks and produce
- 3-course dinner at Carosello Restaurant with wine pairing
- An olive-harvesting session with Fulvio Pierangelini, inclusive of a traditional picnic
- A visit to a local oil mill
- Home-made products and fresh olive oil tasting
- Burrata and Mozzarella-Making Masterclass
- Wine tasting
- A cooking class at Masseria Torre Maizza with Chef Fulvio Pierangelini
Terms & Conditions:
- Minimum length of stay 3 nights
- Applicable to all room categories
- This offer is subject to availability, cannot be combinable with any other offer and must be booked by October 5th
- VAT is not included
- Valid for bookings from 13th-30th October 2020
Terms and conditions
Hotels Masseria Torre Maizza.
Valid 13/10/2020 - 30/10/2020
Minimum Stay (Nights) 3