Experience the incredible Palio di Siena
At Hotel Savoy
One of Italy’s most anticipated sporting events, the Palio di Siena is a 90-second, bareback horse race in which Siena’s various districts, or contrade, compete neck and neck. The first race took place in 1310, and it continues to gallop around the city’s Piazza del Campo every summer. The competition is fierce and stakes are high, as the loser is considered to be the contrada whose horse comes second rather than last.
This summer, Hotel Savoy invites guests to an exclusive experience of the world’s most colourful horse race. With the race set on 16th August, guests are invited to cheer the action from private seats, with a prime view of the Palio’s starting line. Before the race begins, soak up Siena’s anticipatory atmosphere on a three-hour tour of the historic city. Then witness history in action and toast the winning contrada, before returning to Hotel Savoy to receive a chic Palio di Siena scarf as a memento.
- Minimum stay of three nights in a Piazza View Room and above (double occupancy)
- Daily breakfast for two
- VIP welcome amenity in room upon arrival
- Aperitivo for two at Irene Bistro
- Two tickets for the Palio di Siena on 16th August 2019, including seats in front of Fonte Gaia
- Round-trip transfer from Hotel Savoy to Siena on the day of the Palio
- Three-hour guided tour of Siena
- Palio "Contrada" scarf
Terms and conditions:
- Offer valid for stays between 14th - 18th August 2019 (must be booked by 31st July)
- Minimum stay of three nights
- Cannot be combined with any other offer
- Price is based on double occupancy
To book your stay, call +39 06 32 888 930 or email email@example.com
Terms and conditions
Hotels Hotel Savoy.
Valid 30/06/2019 - 18/08/2019
Minimum Stay (Nights) 3