The Balmoral Free Spirit Escapes
Edinburgh with wide open spaces, astonishing vistas, eye-opening historic experiences. The capital’s most iconic hotel, The Balmoral will be ready to welcome you from 1st August 2020.
To celebrate the opportunity to open up our world again The Balmoral has crafted The Balmoral Free Spirit Escapes. The change of scene you need, letting the sunshine in on one of the world’s most stunning cities with a new perspective on an old classic.
The Balmoral Free Spirit Escapes
- Three or five night stays anytime or two night option with arrivals from Sunday to Wednesday inclusive
- An inclusive Edinburgh Experience from a choice of 4 with an exclusive Balmoral twist
- Guaranteed room upgrade on confirmation
- Breakfast in the comfort of your room included
- Guaranteed late check out
- Opportunity to add more experiences during your stay
Two night Escape from £750, Three night Escape from £995 and Five night Escape from £1495
Suite Escapes from £1390
Credit Card required to confirm and cancellations free up to 24 hours in advance.
Escapes bookable from 02/09/20 to 28/10/20 and consumed by 31/10/20
Some Experiences may vary due to social distancing restrictions and third party availability.
Free Spirit Escapes include a choice of 1 of these Edinburgh Experiences
- Bespoke menu in Number One with pre dinner Champagne and canapés hosted by Michelin Star Chef Mark Donald
- A visit to Mellis Cheesemongers, purveyor of artisanal cheeses and one of The Balmoral’s key suppliers (find out more below)
OR all guests can opt for
- A £200 per room F&B Hotel credit in place of these Experiences
- Balmoral exclusive red carpet private tour of Royal Yacht Britannia including a glass of Prosecco
- Private Instagram Walking Tour of Edinburgh with Scottish adventurer and popular Instagrammer @IanGBlack (find out more below)
- Private Whisky tasting in Scotch (or in room for Suite Guests)
- Private visit to Scotch Whisky Experience or Holyrood Distillery (find out more below)
- Gourmet Picnic Experience or Afternoon Tea in Palm Court
- Includes £125 to spend in store with each of our partners Harvey Nichols and Hamilton & Inches, each also offers a private shopping experience (find out more below)
The Harvey Nichols Personal Shopping Experience
Imagine your very own fashion expert – someone who isn’t loyal to any one brand, but who can edit through the many different offerings to find the perfect outfit for you. Whether you’re starting a new job or hunting down the dress of your dreams, the Harvey Nichols Personal Shopping team is on hand to make your life that little bit easier. Once the team have established exactly what you are looking for, their dedicated stylists will present a selection of suitable pieces in their serene suite on the second floor.
Hamilton & Inches VIP Tour
Guests will be invited for an exclusive VIP tour of the Hamilton & Inches workshops. Nestled above the iconic showroom on George Street, you will have the chance to see the expert silversmiths, jewellers and hand-engravers at work. With a Royal Warrant as Silversmiths to The Queen for over 120 years, this rare opportunity to get behind the scenes of the Hamilton & Inches workshops will let you experience the craftsmanship behind each handcrafted piece of silverware and jewellery.
Here you can find a range of 60 British Farmhouse cheeses that are all directly imported and matured in Edinburgh. Mellis Cheesemongers offer an exclusive Balmoral cheese tasting and the opportunity to learn more about the British farmhouse and artisan cheese industry from the early years of 1990 to present time. In the privacy of the store you will enjoy a choice of whisky or wine flights to accompany a range of cheeses.
Instagram Walking Tour
Here, we have teamed up with one of the country’s top Instagrammers, @IanGBlack, to lead guests on a dedicated 1 hour Instagram Walking tour of Edinburgh's most photogenic spots. Our Instagram tour will help you capture Edinburgh in the best possible way, sending you home with lots of #BalmoralMoments to upload and share with your followers.
Scotch Whisky Experience
Exclusive private viewing of the world’s largest Scotch whisky collection.
Immerse yourself in centuries of Scotch whisky history as you discover the stories behind some of the rarer, unusual and exclusive bottles in this intriguing collection. Created as a snapshot of Scotch spanning almost four decades of collecting; you will have the unique chance to enjoy a private viewing with one of the Scotch Whisky Experience’s foremost experts. Your visit will reveal the surprising stories behind the well-loved and famous brands and highlight bottlings so exclusive they have never been for sale.
Following your private viewing you will enjoy a guided tasting of a dram from their rare and premium collection.
An exclusive visit to the new Holyrood Distillery, Edinburgh's first single malt whisky
distillery in nearly 100 years.
Your visit, close to the Royal Mile and lasting approximately 75 minutes, will guide you through the process of raw material selection, mashing, fermentation, distillation and maturation, including - on production days - witnessing the magic happen via the glass port-holes of Holyrood's uniquely tall copper stills. Your expert guide will talk you through Holyrood's innovative approach to crafting flavour focused whisky, including a discussion on their bespoke cask programme - where every aspect is uniquely tailored to an individual's taste preferences.
Your visit will finish in the distillery bar where you will be guided through 4 sample whisky tastings, including an exclusive preview tasting of Holyrood's newmake spirit - illustrating the diverse flavour profiles Holyrood is creating. A 10cl whisky gift of your flavour choice will be available to take away after your visit.
STARTING FROM £750 FOR 2 NIGHTS
Terms and conditions
Hotels The Balmoral.
действительный 02.09.2020 - 31.10.2020
Минимальный срок пребывания (ночи) 3 nights or 5 nights anytime or 2 night option with arrivals from Sunday to Wednesday inclusive