Recipe: Crostone with eggs, asparagus and black truffle
Food & Drink
26 июля 2016 г.
To celebrate the truffle season approaching in Tuscany and the delicious dishes being planned at Irene Firenze, Fulvio Pierangelini, Creative Director of Food at Rocco Forte Hotels, has shared with us a recipe combining sweet and sour flavours - with creamy eggs, sweet local asparagus and bitter Summer black truffle from San Miniato.
Ingredients for 1 Portion
- A large slice of country bread (we use Pugliese)
- 5 stems of asparagus
- 2 eggs
- 70g, shavings of Marzolino pecorino cheese
- 4g, summer black truffle
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- A sprig thyme
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 5g, Butter
- 5tbs, of vinegar
- Bring to boil 1.5 litres of water in a saucepan
- As soon as the water boils add five table spoons of vinegar to the saucepan
- Using a large spoon stir the water to create a swirl and carefully add the eggs one at a time
- Keep the water simmering gently and allow the white of the egg to set
- Remove and place eggs on kitchen paper to absorb excess water
- Meanwhile toast the bread (or if you’ve gone for a really thick slice pop it under the grill)
- In another pan heat some extra virgin olive oil and cook your asparagus stems with a sprig of thyme, basil leaf and salt and a little water for a few minutes until tender
- At the end add your butter and the remaining torn basil leaves
Take your freshly toasted slice of country bread and place the asparagus on top, pouring the remaining liquid over the top so it soaks into the bread. Arrange the poached eggs on top of the asparagus and top with truffle shavings and pecorino cheese. Buon Appetito!
Learn more about Fulvio and his philosophy on Italian food in our interview or take a trip to experience the delights of Tuscany and truffles in Florence with this special truffle hunting package at the Hotel Savoy.