Food & Drink
Fulvio Pierangelini’s Red Prawn, Green Bean and Orange Salad
27 September 2018
Fresh, flavourful and pretty on the plate, this prawn, green bean and orange salad recipe will bring a taste of Sicilian sunshine to your table. Created by Verdura’s gastronomic maestro Fulvio Pierangelini, the chef sources his prawns from Mazara del Vallo in Sicily, renowned for its superb seafood. A light and flavourful lunch or elegant starter, this recipe is quick and easy to prepare whilst still delivering that all-important wow factor.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
5 Red prawns, peeled
200g green beans
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Begin by peeling the oranges. Cut the skin off the top and bottom first before peeling off the rest of the skin and removing the orange segments.
2. In a saucepan, boil the beans for 4 minutes. Once the beans have cooled, cut them lengthways so that they are spilt into two.
3. Squeeze the juice of 2 oranges and place the juice in a saucepan over a medium heat. Reduce until it looks like syrup—the consistency should be thick enough to coat a spoon.
4. Turn off the heat and whisk in extra virgin olive oil until the sauce is silky smooth. Set aside.
5. Boil the prawns for 10 seconds and then plate the dish. Start with the green beans, followed by the orange segments, the shrimps and finally the sauce.
Sample fabulously fresh Sicilian seafood alongside superb regional produce at Verdura Resort.