Tortelli with ricotta and wild asparagus
Food & Drink
01 April 2020
Recipe by Fulvio Pierangelini, Creative Director of Food - Hotel Savoy, Florence
Ingredients (for dough):
450g 00 flour
50g semolina flour
5 egg yolks
3 whole eggs
1) Knead all the ingredients together until a smooth dough is obtained. Wrap the dough in plastic and leave it for half an hour.
2) Create the stuffing, then return to this point. Once you have the stuffing, roll the dough out very thinly. Cut little circles of pasta out, around 10-12cm in diameter.
3) With a teaspoon or pastry bag, place delicate ricotta balls in the centre of the circles, closing them immediately to form a half-moon shape as you go.
Ingredients (for stuffing):
300g fresh sheep ricotta
2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1) Place the ricotta in a bowl, add basil and a few chopped mint leaves. Mix everything well with a little salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
Ingredients (for the butter and asparagus sauce):
1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1) Remove the woody part of the asparagus stalks (the white end). Put the florets (4/5 cm) aside. Cut the remaining part of the stem into small round slices.
2) Boil the slices for one minute, change the water and boil them for another minute, change the water for fresh water again and cook until soft. Then drain the asparagus. (Note: We use this procedure to remove slight bitterness in wild asparagus).
3) Season the asparagus florets with oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and a drop of honey.
4) Take a small steel saucepan with a rounded edge and boil a small amount of water.
5) With a fork, skewer a piece of cold butter and, keeping the heat at medium, begin turning it over in the hot water. Add more cold butter in small pieces until the desired density is reached.
6) Season with salt, add the boiled asparagus slices and keep this in a warm place.
1) Cook the ravioli until tender and drain them onto a plate, leaving a small amount of water so that they do not stick together.
2) Arrange the ravioli on the plate and drizzle with the previously whipped asparagus butter. Garnish with grated fresh pecorino cheese, pepper and complete by placing the tops of asparagus in an aesthetically pleasing manner on top.