The Balmoral 1 Princes Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2EQ
For over a century, The Balmoral has found a home at Edinburgh’s most prestigious address, No. 1 Princes Street. A landmark in the centre of the city, the historic building’s grand clock still dominates the skyline, while its enviable location, views, hospitality and five-star facilities provide the perfect retreat. The Balmoral began life as a grand railway hotel and continues to respect the traditions set by its founders, right down to the kilted doormen.
When you book direct
Book direct with RoccoForteHotels.com to receive:
- Complimentary High-speed Wi-Fi
- A complimentary seasonal food and beverage offer
- Early Exclusive Access to Promotions
- Early Arrival and Late Check Out (Subject to Availability)
- Best Rates Guaranteed
Rooms & Suites
Historic views from your window
All rooms have complimentary Wi-Fi, interactive entertainment and most have views over Edinburgh Castle and the beautiful Old Town.
- 168 rooms starting at 16 square metres
- 20 suites with complimentary breakfast, VIP amenities, and more
- Rooms designed by Olga Polizzi
- Families R Forte programme for younger children
- Interconnecting rooms available to accommodate larger families
Check in: 3.00pm | Check out 12.00pm
Where history stands still
The Balmoral is located in the heart of Edinburgh, on the corner of the Old and New Town. The hotel is in the prime position to explore the city’s many historical and cultural sites, from Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Museum to the City Art Centre and the Scottish National Portrait Gallery. It’s also perfectly positioned to browse the designer boutiques and department stores of Multrees Walk and attend anticipated annual events such as Edinburgh International Festival and Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
Edinburgh International Airport: 20 minute drive (15km) | Waverley station: 5 minute walk
- The Balmoral Spa, featuring a sauna, steam room, exercise studio and a 15-metre indoor pool
- 10 private meetings and events suites, and a Business Centre
- Michelin-starred cuisine at the Number One Restaurant
- Hadrians Brasserie offering relaxed and contemporary dining
- Traditional afternoon tea served daily in Palm Court
- Sip cocktails in the popular Balmoral Bar or enjoy a tipple in our signature Scotch whisky bar
- Facilities for families, including babysitting and extra beds
- Families R Forte Programme including special amenities and activities for kids
- Valet parking available
Quintessential Scottish dining at its best
From Michelin-star dining to traditional Afternoon Tea and whisky tasting, The Balmoral has a dining option to satisfy every appetite. Sample Scottish cuisine at Michelin-starred restaurant Number One, which provides a fine dining menu of modern Scottish cuisine, or visit Hadrian's Brasserie to indulge in regional Scottish produce in an informal setting. Palm Court, an Edinburgh institution, is the place to go for Afternoon Tea, while the Balmoral Bar serves innovative and classic cocktails. Select from over 500 Scotch varieties of Single Malt Scottish whisky at The Balmoral's dedicated whisky bar, Scotch.