AT HOTEL DE ROME
Built between 1887 and 1889, the building served as the Dresdner Bank’s headquarters until 1945. Designed by architect Ludwig Heim in the Renaissance style, the original building only had three floors. Three additional floors and a roof terrace were added in 1923.
Formerly a cashier’s hall, the ballroom’s mosaic floor contains the names of the bank’s four main offices — Dresden, Bremen, London and Berlin. It was briefly used as a cinema during the Communist era.
Spa de Rome is located in the old bank vault. Original features include a 15cm thick steel door leading to a treatment room. The gold leaf mosaics on the walls reflect where the bank once held its gold deposits.
Recent Awards & Accolades
- Restaurant Parioli one of the best Italian restaurant in Berlin - Der Feinschmecker 2013
- Highly Recommended - VARTA Guide 2013
- One of the best 70 establishments in Europe - European Finest Hotels 2013
- Top 50 Hotelier - Schlummer Atlas 2012
- 10th Place Awarded - Trip Advisor Travellers Choice Awards 2012