Lemon and ricotta tortellini with lime butter
Food & Drink
lunes, 10 de junio de 2019
A time-honoured Italian specialty, these pretty pasta parcels with their creamy filling and our signature citrus accents are a firm favourite at Villa Kennedy’s Gusto restaurant. Although commonly machine-made, the artisanal techniques we use to hand-craft our tortellini mean this recipe is simple enough to make together as a family.
(for 6 servings)
For the tortellini:
150g Durum wheat semolina flour
10 egg yolks
3 tablespoons olive oil
Pinch of salt
For the filling and sauce:
300g buffalo ricotta cheese
50g grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg yolk
1) Begin by making the pasta dough. Whisk both flours and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs and olive oil.
2) Carefully whisk all the ingredients and gradually combine until a smooth, compact mixture appears. Wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest for 30 minutes.
3) For the filling, mix the ricotta cheese with grated lemon and lime zest, then add the Parmesan and the egg yolk. Season it with salt and pepper and put it in a cool place.
4) Roll the dough either by hand or through a pasta roller to 2-3mm-thick sheets. Using a circular 3-inch cutter, cut out pasta rounds.
5) Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling into the centre of each pasta round. Moisten the edges with water and fold over tightly into a half-moon shape, taking care to remove any air pockets.
6) Draw the corners together, pinch and seal. Toss the completed tortellini in a little flour so it doesn’t stick.
7) Cook the tortellini in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Heat butter in a pan with a squeeze of fresh lime and grated lime zest. Lightly toss the tortellini in the butter, then serve hot. Garnish with a grating of Parmesan and fresh basil to taste.
Taste our homemade tortellini when you stay at Villa Kennedy. To book, please email email@example.com or call +49 69 717 12 1430