Pikeperch fillet with pea-mint purée and raw marinated carrots
Food & Drink
dinsdag 7 mei 2019
Perfect for a light lunch or healthy dinner, this fresh, easy-to-prepare recipe looks very pretty on the plate. Combining a delicate fillet of fish with a vibrant pea and mint purée and an array of colourful marinated carrots, this flavourful dish is a guaranteed hit at a dinner party.
For the pikeperch:
- 4 fillets of pikeperch (roughly 160g each)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 20g butter
- 1 stalk of thyme
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
For the pea-mint purée:
- 400g peas
- 4 stalks of mint
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 60g butter
- 100ml cream
- 100ml vegetable stock
- Salt, to taste
- Nutmeg, to taste
- Splash of lemon juice
For the raw marinated carrots:
- One yellow, one orange and one purple carrot
- Olive oil, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Lime juice, to taste
- Begin by prepping your marinated carrots. Peel the carrots and cut them into fine slices using a potato peeler. Then marinate with olive oil, sea salt and lime juice and set aside.
- Next, make the pea-mint purée by glazing the shallots in about 30g of butter before adding three quarters of the peas to the pan (glaze the remaining peas later as these will be used to decorate the finished plate).
- Deglaze the vegetables with vegetable stock and reduce the stock until almost no broth is left in the pot.
- Add the mint leaves (setting aside a few for decoration later) and the cream and bring to the boil. Season with salt, nutmeg and a splash of lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into a blender, add the rest of the butter and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the pikeperch fillets on both sides for about three minutes. When the fish is almost cooked, add the butter and the thyme to the pan. Let the butter froth and then pour it over the fish several times. Season well with sea salt and pepper.
- To assemble the dish, place a spoonful of pea-mint purée in the middle of the plate, place the fish on the purée and scatter the carrots around. Garnish with the remaining peas and mint.
To discover more delicious seasonal dishes at The Charles Hotel, email email@example.com or call +49 89 544 555 1430.