Jump-start your day with their acai breakfast bowl with toasted buckwheat granola. Nourishing and wonderfully tasty, it’s the perfect way to start your stay in Frankfurt.
Toasted Buckwheat Granola
450g Maple syrup
180g Coconut oil
70g Vanilla extract
10g Sea salt
600g Raw buckwheat groats
360g Raw almonds
220g Raw cashews
130g Raw sesame seeds
140g Chia seeds
160g Unsweetened coconut flakes
4 tbsp acai berry powder
100g coconut milk
280g Frozen blueberries
280g Frozen strawberries
8 Frozen bananas
60g Fresh mango chunks
8 Soft Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
Edible flowers (optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 160°c and line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
2) Begin by making the granola. In a small saucepan, melt the maple syrup and coconut oil together. Once melted, stir in the vanilla and a pinch of salt, then remove from the heat and pour the mixture over the buckwheat and mix well.
3) Add the almonds, cashews, sesame seeds, chia seeds and coconut flakes into the maple and buckwheat mixture.
4) Spread evenly over the roasting tray (you may need two). Bake for around 8 minutes, stirring a couple of times throughout cooking. The granola is done when the buckwheat smells toasted and is golden brown. Allow the buckwheat to cool completely before serving.
5) For the acai bowl, simply blend the coconut milk, acai powder, berries, banana, mango and dates until completely smooth. Pour the smoothie into bowls.
6) Top with granola, slices of banana, berries, cacao nibs, and flowers, then serve.