Hotel Amigo Rue de l'Amigo, Brussels ,
Our building is over 500 years old and has been a hotel since 1957. It was converted by the Blaton family to host royals, celebrities and VIPs for the 1958 World Exposition. As a nod to history, our Royal Suite is named after Armand Blaton.
Our historic building was first mentioned in the town records in 1522, when the city council bought it from a wealthy merchant family. The building was then turned into a prison before becoming a hotel again.
The lobby floor is paved with cobblestones dating from 620. They were originally used in the surrounding city streets and carefully preserved during the hotel’s renovations.