Fulvio Pierangelini’s Ricotta and Orange Cheesecake
Food & Drink
04 October 2018
Naughty but nice, Fulvio Pierangelini’scheesecake recipe from Verdura Resort is perfect for indulging your family’s love of sweet treats, whilst also using healthier ingredients and a reduced amount of sugar. At Verdura, the recipe is made using the resort’s own ricotta cheese and Sicilian Ribera D.O.P. oranges. It’s easy and fun to make at home with your kids, and for a more wholesome result, use homemade biscuits for the crust.
For the biscuit crust
2 x 150g portions butter
100g caster sugar
2 egg yolks
A pinch of salt
For the filling
250g ricotta cheese
50g candied orange peel
Juice of one orange
10g caster sugar
1) To make the biscuits for the crust, sift together flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add 150g butter and the egg yolks, then mix well. Add honey and mix again.
2) Roll the dough out into a rectangle and refrigerate. Once chilled, cut the dough using a circular cutter and bake for 10 minutes at 180°C.
3) For the crust, break your baked biscuits into pieces and blitz them in a blender. Add 150g butter and mix.
4) Spread out the biscuit crust on a baking tray lined with baking paper and put it in the fridge to chill and set.
5) For the filling, strain ricotta cheese through a sieve into a large bowl. Add the sugar then carefully whisk. Add the orange juice and 25g chopped candied orange peel. Combine the mixture gently.
6) To assemble the cheesecake, spoon the cream on the crust and spread out evenly. Place the cake in the fridge to chill for a few hours.
7) Before serving, garnish with the remaining candied orange peel or add soft fruit as you like.
Sample Fulvio’s delectable ricotta cheesecake alongside other delicious, locally sourced dishes at Verdura Resort.