Lamb, Calimera potatoes and chicory
Food & Drink
01 April 2020
Recipe by Fulvio Pierangelini, Creative Director of Food - Masseria Torre Maizza, Puglia
12 lamb chops
300g Calimera red potatoes
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
10 mint leaves
3 sprigs each of thyme and rosemary
2 cloves of garlic
1 bunch of chicory
1) Bake the potatoes in the oven for 1 hour, at 150°C. Whilst these are baking, clean, peel and wash the chicory well.
2) Chop the mint and place in a cup with oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Set this aside to absorb the flavour.
3) Season the lamb chops with salt, pepper, a drizzle of oil, sprigs of thyme and rosemary and let them rest for at least 20 minutes.
4) Take the hot potatoes out of the oven and mash them well with a fork. Before serving, season the mashed potatoes with a nice spoonful of extra virgin olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Sauté the chicory in oil, hot pepper, salt and pepper over medium heat. If necessary, add a little water.
6) Sear the lamb chops on both sides in a hot pan, taking care that they are well-browned on the outside and remain soft and pink inside.
Place a spoonful of hot mashed potatoes on a plate and place the lamb chops seasoned with the oil and mint on top. Garnish with the chicory.