Our hotel was designed in the early 19th century by the great architect Giuseppe Valadier, who redeveloped the neighbouring Piazza del Popolo. During its eventful history, the building has played many parts. At one point it was the head office for the leading Italian television channel.
Pablo and Jean
Artist Pablo Picasso and poet Jean Cocteau stayed at our hotel in February 1917 when preparing to stage the first ever Cubist ballet. The friends occupied adjoining rooms and leaned out of the windows to pick oranges from the garden.
The Secret Garden, also designed by Valadier, has 2,800 square metres of terraced gardens, full of palm trees, yews and white climbing roses.